ABOUT THE ROSE POT
We Care About Our
Bodies and Our Future.
The Rose Pot was created for women like you.
What is vaginal steaming anyway?
Vaginal steaming, also known as V-steaming or yoni steaming, is an alternative health treatment where a woman squats or sits over steaming water and herbs. The water contains herbs such as mugwort, rosemary, wormwood, and basil. The warmth of the steam is supposed to soften and open the pores of the vaginal and vulvar skin so that the herbs can be absorbed into the skin and uterus and impart medicinal effects.
What are the purported benefits?
Vaginal steaming has been used for many purposes but is typically used to alleviate unwanted symptoms associated with periods such as bloating, exhaustion, cramps, heavy menstrual flow, and irregular periods. It has also been used to increase fertility, help alleviate symptoms of menopause, and to promote healing after childbirth.
Does steamings really work?
There is little chance herbal steam would penetrate vaginal tissues, let alone reach the uterus or regulate hormones, and improve fertility. One benefit may be that the moist heat from the steam increases blood flow to the vaginal area, though this isn’t well-studied.
Is it safe?
There is no medical evidence to suggest vaginal steaming is beneficial in any way, and it potentially could be harmful for the following reasons:
1. Adding steam or heat to the vagina may provide the perfect environment for bacteria that cause yeast or other vaginal infections to thrive.
2. Vaginal skin is delicate, sensitive, and easily traumatized. Steam may cause vaginal burns or scalding.
3. Finally, it’s unknown how vaginal steam could impact an individual or, if pregnant, a woman’s developing baby. Some herbs may cause miscarriage. No one should use steam or herbs on their vagina if they’re expecting.
Should I try it?
The vagina is a self-cleaning organ, well-equipped to adjust to:
• hormonal changes
• changes with pregnancy
• aging and,
• the menstrual cycle.
The vagina is also perfectly capable of maintaining the proper balance of bacteria to stay healthy. It does not:
• regulate your period
• cause one to have headaches
• dictate whether your fibroids will grow, or,
• determine whether one will have the dreaded symptoms of menopause.
When it’s used to treat any medical condition, do not skip mainstream medical evaluations and treatment. If you want to try vaginal steaming, talk to your doctor, or a qualified alternative health practitioner to weigh the pros and cons of your situation.
The vagina is perfect the way it is, but The Rose Pot helps it bloom.
"I wanted women to be more aware of their vaginal health. The most sensitive organ we have is our rose. Feel confident about your vagina. Take the taboo out of talking about our vaginal health. Experience steaming in the comfort of your own home with The Rose Pot."